Sunday, June 14, 2009

Canelés

I had my first canelé back in 2007 in Los Angeles. I remember eyeing the small stack of fluted pastry with curiousity. La Brea Bakery made vanilla and chocolate versions and of course I had to try one of each.

The chewy caramelized crust revealed a moist, tender almost mochi-like center scented with vanilla and rum. Delicious!

My brother and I made a stop at Choupinette along Bukit Timah to pick up some Vanilla Eclairs (I'm not a fan of this) and I saw that they too had
canelés.


Canelés


Canelé innards

They were just okay. The canelés tasted better warm but lacked vanilla flavor.

Does anyone know where I can find good
canelés in Singapore?


Choupinette

607 Bukit Timah Road
#01-01


La Brea Bakery
624 South La Brea Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90036

No comments:

Post a Comment