Sunday, June 21, 2009

Isetan Hokkaido Fair

Oh Isetan Hokkaido Fair..How I adore thee! Why do you only grace us with your presence once a year?


Matcha Gelato, Cream Dowa

I spied Black Sesame and PUMPKIN gelato in the display case yesterday but I was way too full from the cupcake I had at lunch so I made a trip down to Isetan earlier this afternoon to get my gelato fix. Alas, both flavors were SOLD OUT. I had to settle for Matcha which wasn't a bad choice. Definitely one of the better Matcha renditions I've tried. I just wanted to try a more unusual flavor.

Note to self: ALWAYS make space for dessert!


Butter Manju with CUSTARD, Hokayu

I read about this a few months ago and have been patiently waiting for the Hokkaido Fair just so I can try this. The custard is not too sweet but the texture is very thick and rich. One manju is more than enough for me!

I was very, very tempted by the fresh salted caramels but at almost $10 a box I decided that they were an unnecessary extravagance and ended up with some sweet potato goodies instead!


Isetan Hokkaido Fair
Isetan Scotts Supermarket
Basement 1
19-29 June

Isetan Tampines
Tampines Mall Atrium Level 1
3 - 12 July

No comments:

Post a Comment