Saturday, May 9, 2009

Doughnut Plant

My best discovery during a recent trip to Korea was not one of the local dessert places but an import from New York. I wasn't able to find the time to stop by Doughnut Plant during my trip to NYC in 2007 so I was delighted to find an outlet in Myeong Dong, Korea.



The display case was absolutely gorgeous with a multitude of flavors calling out to me.
One bite of the Tres Leches doughnut and I fell in love. Needless to say, I went back everyday.


Creme Brulee & Tres Leches


Creme Brulee innards
Soft, pillowy dough filled with vanilla specked custard and topped with caramelized brown sugar. If only you were bigger.


Chocolate Blackout & Tres Leches


Chocolate Blackout innards
Dark chocolate cake filled with a rich chocolate pudding and covered in cake crumbs. Surprisingly, this wasn't as decadent as I thought it would be.

And of course, I saved the best for last..


Tres Leches innards
Moist, buttery cake filled with sweet creamy milk pudding. I could eat this everyday!


Mark Isreal, you are a doughnut genius but would you please please please set up a shop in Singapore so I don't have to go to Japan, Korea or NYC to get my Tres Leches fix?


Doughnut Plant
Sinchon (Exit 3)
Myeong Dong, Korea

No comments:

Post a Comment